DIAGNOSIS: UNDERACTIVE THYROID AND HIGH RT3
After 9 years of antidepressant treatment for a depression and anxiety that would not go away, I was finally diagnosed by a thyroid specialist with hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.
My four sample adrenal saliva test results came back with first sample 19 nmol/L (range was 5.3 - 61.8) so this was LOW. The other three results were 38, 28 and 37 and ALL were high.
I was put on a treatment of Hydrocortisone and NDT, which immediately lifted my mood and gave me some energy, but didn't resolve all of my symptoms. I still suffered from fluid retention and daytime fatigue, and I also did not like the idea of being "stuck" on steroids for a long period of time, yet every time I tried to wean off the Hydrocortisone, the depression and fatigue would return within days.
I decided to take my health into my own hands and learn everything I could about my particular thyroid condition. Luckily, I found Janie from STTM and she suggested (based on my lab results and symptoms) that I try t3 only. She told me about Paul's circadian T3 method and explained that I could potentially support my adrenals by using the circadian t3 method, and in the process hopefully wean off the Hydrocortisone.
I bought Paul's books, followed his instructions to the letter, and "cured" myself within 2 months! It took 5 weeks until my mood started to lift, and by 9 weeks I was not only free from depression and anxiety, but I could feel a sense of calm and inner strength that I've never felt before. I believe this feeling is my adrenals healing.
These have been the keys to my success with the CT3M:
- I bought both of Paul's books and read as much as I could despite my initial brain fog.
- I bought a thermometer and blood pressure/heart rate monitor and recorded my vitals at least 6 times per day, as many days per week as I could.
- I learnt about my own body and what my vitals (heart rate, blood pressure and temperature) were telling me.
- I treated underlying vitamin and mineral deficiencies - low iron and low B12.
- I took and continue to take mega doses of vitamin C.
- I took and continue to take anti-inflammatories (tumeric and astaxanthin) to lower inflammation.
- I took and continue to take a good multi B vitamin.
- I took and continue to take Holy Basil to lower my high afternoon cortisol.
- I follow a gluten free, mostly plant based diet with no processed foods.
- I don't drink any alcohol.
I currently take 10mcg of T3 (tertroxin) 3 times per day: 10mcg@3am; 10mcg@11am; 10mcg@5pm.
I have no hypothyroid symptoms and no depression or anxiety. The CT3M has given me my life back and I am happier than I have ever been - and this is after only 2 months! I know my adrenals are still not 100% healed yet, but I cannot believe the improvement in such a short period of time.
The only thyroid resources I used and needed were Paul Robinson and Janie Bowthorpe. Every piece of information I required was contained in their websites and books.
Thanks Paul for giving me my life back!